Friday, February 4, 2011

Chest of Treasures

With the Blizzard of 2011 threatening to hit Central Missouri, I knew I needed to stock up on crafts as I would be trapped in my house for several days. Therefore, my cousin, Danielle and I, headed out to the Habitat for Humanity's Restore and to Goodwill to find some treasures. After finding countless shutters and doors to fix up my earlier projects, I found it--the chest of treasures--at Goodwill for eight dollars.

At a price of eight dollars, I could not pass it up. It had the ideal shape for a coffee island in my living room. And, with storage space underneath, I could stash away some of my numerous photo albums. So, ten minutes later, we lugged the chest to my car. And, though situating the chest in my car was a battle of its own. we were able to secure it in the back seat. At Lowes, we found the remaining ingredients for my blizzard transformation project: paint and stripping materials. At Hobby Lobby, I found several aged glass door knobs to complete the ensemble.

I began my 5-day project by lugging the chest down to my basement--another adventure in itself.

Then, I began stripping it down and cleaning off its cob webs.


Then, came the paint:


And...the door knobs...


And, viola! It's done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home