Thursday, February 17, 2011

More thoughts to ponder...

Just a few thoughts to ponder:

Under all speech that is good for anything there lies a silence that is better. Silence is deep as Eternity; speech is shallow as Time.
[info][add][mail]
Thomas Carlyle (1795 - 1881)
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.
[info][add][mail]
Horace Mann (1796 - 1859), address at Antioch College, 1859
Life is full of obstacle illusions.
[info][add][mail]
Grant Frazier
No one has a finer command of language than the person who keeps his mouth shut.
[info][add][mail]
Sam Rayburn (1882 - 1961)
 
I have definitely learned a lot from the silence in my life. Many times, the silence has said more than what was said. The silence in my relationships/friendships have been the turning points for me. 
And, obstacles do seem to be illusions. They are not what they seem at first. I'm wondering what obstacles are truly illusions in my life now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home