Monday, February 14, 2011

The five-year itch...

When I moved to Columbia, Missouri on December 26, 2005, I never imagined what life would hold for me or that I would still be living in central Missouri five years later. I absolutely love my current home and location next to my grandparents. I feel at home for the first time since I left Austin, Texas. However, I'm starting to get that itch, that itch to let go of all of my ties and start something new and uniquely-Christy. What that is, I don't know yet. I have had the itch to start up my own business recently in order to work remotely from anywhere in the world.

The only problem: do I want to move from my grandparents? Or, can I keep my current home, start my own business, travel, and still return to this home base?

I'm searching now for the next stage in life. I had felt the need to stick around central Missouri for a while because I was waiting. Waiting for something that I no longer see in my immediate future. And, I think I'm okay with that now. I'm feeling an even stronger calling to use my talents all over the world. I love my new-found friends and my family nearby and I don't want to leave them permanently. However, life brings tides of change and I can no longer wait for the tide to come. I am ready to leap into it and let it take me, returning me on occasion, but only to take me away again to my next journey. This is becoming my calling. This is my journey.

In the meantime, I'm learning as many new things as possible in order to take with me on life's journey.

Stay tuned! Tomorrow, I'm off to my favorite METC conference where I hope to gain more inspiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home