Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hotel Horror!

After a great day of conferencing at METC, I went to check into my quaint room at Mariott's Fairfield Inn, across the street from my conference location. However, after toting my luggage into the lobby and asking to check in, "Christy Fennewald" (and being asked if I would like to share the room with her), I was told that the hotel had overbooked rooms and I was being relocated to another, much cheaper hotel. What?! I asked. I reserved the hotel months ago. The answer given: well, we're giving away the rooms on a first come, first serve basis right now. Well, great!

Then, I began my journey to the other side of town, in the dark, in the rain. Fun. And, I got lost. So, I took out my phone, called my favorite attendant at the Fairfield and was finally directed to my horrific hotel.

Once again, I toted my luggage in through the security glass into the neon-lit lobby. Hmmmm. I've stayed at a Motel 6 before and this hotel is pushing to reach those standards. Tired, I took the room and dragged my luggage up three flights. Elevators don't exist here.

Upon entering my room, I discovered I had the handicap suit. Sweet! And, when I step out of my bed, my foot lands in the kitchen. Even better. And, my bed vibrates!

Thank you, Mariott for not only giving me this great room, but for paying for it as well...you shouldn't have!

*Disclaimer: Pardon the sarcasm, but this blunderous story had to be shared!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home