Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Business Idea!

Sooooo...I think I'm going to do it! I have been wanting to pursue some type of creative path in life for some time. And, though my degrees are all in Education-related fields, I still feel a creative passion that I also want to pursue. In the past, I have thought about being a traveling writer/documentary-maker and I have also thought about living amidst communities and writing their stories. Though, all of those dreams sound great, some instinct is telling me to wait on those...just for the time being.

Right now, I have the urge to start a furniture restoration/refinishing business from my home. I would like to do my advertising online and develop a website to market my trades. I have not decided if I want to fix customers' pieces or if I want to find "fixer-upers" of my own and restore them for sale. The latter is where I have the most experience. For now, I am thinking about fixing up a few pieces and selling them on Craig's List to see what I can get for each item. After that, I would like to start selling some of my creative works. Since I am running out of places to keep all of my projects, I believe it is time to start making a part-time living doing something I love.

This article is a great resource for others looking to start up a similar business:

Furniture Restoration Business How-to

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home